As a utc.travel member, should you find the same hotel product priced lower within 24 hours of booking with utc.travel, you will be reimbursed the price difference in hotel credits only (for redemption against future hotel bookings) up to a maximum of £500. You will need to provide proof of the lower price – either a quotation or screenshot taken from the other provider’s website clearly showing the dates, product/service and price quoted with the time of the quote clearly printed on the document. and send this to email@example.com. We will then need to verify this price with the supplier before proceeding with your claim. You will also need to provide the email address your utc.travel membership is associated with.
The hotel room type needs to be exactly the same as the one we are selling, or we are unable to price match.
To qualify for our best price guarantee the competitor’s rate must:
- Be quoted in the travel suppliers’ local currency, including fees and taxes. The rate must exclude any card fees and must not have been calculated using a currency converter.
- Apply to the exact same product, that is the same hotel dates, accommodation type, room type, board basis, number of guests and inclusions.
- Be subject to the same booking and cancellation policies.
- Be offered by a ABTA or ATOL protected website or travel company.
The following do not qualify for our best-price guarantee:
- Flight only fares due to the limited commission airlines offer and because airfares change so frequently.
- Prices within a three per cent fluctuation of the total cost on the utc.travel site, due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Services booked through unauthorised travel agents or bought through a resale site (for example, eBay), or promotional rates offered through a third party.
- Cancelled bookings.
- Special rates that should under normal circumstances only be sold as part of a package.
- Rates quoted on websites that can’t confirm the booking and accept payments (for example, websites that link to a third party’s website or the rate was stated to be subject to availability but there was no availability).
- Specially negotiated rates, such as travel agent, staff, corporate or membership rates, rates that are only available to subscribers to or members of a website, or any other rate that is not available to the general public.
- Redemption-programme bookings or bookings made using vouchers or coupons, group discounts, or loyalty schemes.
- Prices found for holidays that are being sold by an integrated airline (or one in the same company group) eg BA Holidays, Jet2, TUI or Virgin Holidays.
- Lower rates resulting from a supplier error.
- We reserve the right to refuse any claim where we are unable to verify the claim to our satisfaction using reasonable means, in accordance with the terms set out above.
We reserve the right to change or withdraw this Price Guarantee at any time although this will not affect any booking which already qualified for the Price Guarantee at the time of the change or withdrawal.